Les Gets links into the vast ski area of the Portes du Soleil, but the local ski area attracts family skiing with its wide meandering runs.
Demand for property in Les Gets can be high, so you need to act quickly when properties come onto the market.
The town itself is based at 1172m, one of the highest towns in the Portes du Soleil region. Les Get has come a long way since its dairy farming roots but everyone appreciates the splendor of the rolling meadows.
The chalets are a mixture of old Savoyard farm houses, together with the more modern chalets of wood and stone construction. Les Gets does offer the true “ski in ski out” chalets, with a number of these properties located on the pistes. There are a number of exceptional new build chalets in the area, however chalets on the piste still demand a premium price.
The winter season is very busy and offers property owners good rental opportunities. The summer whilst not quite as established as Morzine still offers rental opportunities but not as busy.
Within the centre there are over 100 shops, bars and restaurants (see property search map for the bars and restaurants locations) offering plenty of places to meander and sample the nightlife.
The key points
- 2 cable cars from the town centre linking into the heart of the Porte du Soleil ski area
- Possible to ski back to town
- A free train around town if your legs have packed up!
- Good après ski
- Huge range of ski & snowboard schools (tuition can start from the aged 5)
- Childcare facilities
- Both cable cars are open for the summer season for ease of access to the mountain top meadows.
- Mountain biking together with the Kona sponsored bike park
- Forest adventure park, an adventure area suspended from the trees.
- Horse riding, Tennis, minigolf, fishing and bowling
- Devalkart (downhill go-karts) and Trottinherbe (downhill scooters)
- Golf (Les Gets has a splendid 18 hole mountain golf course)
Start your property search in Les Gets
If you would prefer to speak to us about your full property requirements, then please call us on +33 (0)4 50 79 13 09. We are the only French Agency in the area which offers Qualified Property Professionals from both France – Master Droit Immobilier et Urbanisme and UK – Chartered Surveyor, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).